Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. In just eight years, YouTube has grown into a video community that 1 billion people across the globe use to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks while also reading and reviewing others’ code to provide feedback.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Mitigate reliability failures in a component or system.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team (this includes working with peers, managers, and teams.).
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms (i.e. selecting and implementing an algorithm, using data structures to solve a problem.) Experience creating algorithms that improve a product’s capabilities, speed, efficiency, or reliability.
- Experience with data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the fix.
- Graduated from a BS/MS program in Dec 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018.
- Experience manipulating code to improve system availability and latency; Experience with improving inventing or proving the value of new algorithms that improve a product's capabilities, speed, efficiency and reliability.
- Skill in isolating problems to a database subsystem.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
- Information Services
- Information Technology